Home | Anti-Fraud| Litigation & Arbitration| WTO
Incoterms| Risk Prevention| Law & Regulation| Finace
Letter of Credit| Invest in China| Case & Article| Lawyer
Documents| Foreign Project| Intellectual Property| Consultation
How to start your business in China
Sources:International Trade Law, Time:2014-10-20 19:01, Click:, Comment

If, after the market survey, you decide to expand your business into China, you need to consider the type of business you should seek in China: a Representative Office, Joint venture or wholly foreign-owned enterprise etc. 
Following are the brief introduction for types of business.
  1. Registration of Representative Office (Rep. Office)
  2. Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprise ("WFOE") Registration
  3. Joint Venture
  4. Investment by M&A in China

How to start your business in China

1. Representative Office
If, having decided, you do need to have a permanent presence, one option is to set up a representative office. Representative Offices are established by foreign companies to engage in business liaison, product promotion, market research, exchange of technology and other permitted activities in China.
Representative Offices could not engage in direct operational activities. Its prohibited for Rep. Office exporting goods to overseas alone, pay suppliers through Rep. Offices bank account etc.
If you are thinking about manufacturing or trading in China through a legal entity, the choice is generally between setting up your own wholly owned enterprise or setting up a joint venture or even do Mergers and Acquisition in China. 2. Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprise:
If you want your office in China to do business under its own name with the direction from its parent company, opening up a wholly foreign owned company is a solut.

If you have a good partner in China, and want to set up a business with the partner, set up a JV is a solution.

Beijing Corporate Lawyers

4. Set up agency relationship with the Chinese partner
You may enter into a Contract with the Chinese partner and establish agency relationship with the Chinese partner. In the contract, you provide the details of the each party’s rights and obligations.


  • Previous term:Without

  • Previous term:What kinds of foreigners can apply for patent rights in China?
  • This column is hot pictures
    Home Back to top
    About | Contact | Online submission | Using help | Site map | Set as homepage | Add to Favorites

    Copyright 2012-2018. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED (International Trade Law)
    Telephone:0086-13315171023 QQ:1215545143
    Email:tradelawchina@hotmail.com Technical support:ZW0311